IRW-Press: Ximen Has Completed Compiling And Analyzing Of All Previous Exploration Data Brett Gold Property, Vernon, BC
Ximen Mining Corp. (the ‘Company’ or “Ximen”) (TSX-V: XIM) is pleased to announce that the GIS compilation of historic data on the Brett property is complete. This is the first time that the complete property dataset has been available in digital, geographical format, to allow robust analysis, interpretation and development of a good geological model for mineralization on the property. Ximen has entered into confidentiality agreements with several interested parties and will be sharing the property database with these parties for their independent evaluation.
Collar and down hole lithological, structural, alteration and analytical data for 131 historic drill holes was entered into the database using information from original drill logs. Gold and/or multi-element analytical data for over 6800 individual soil samples collected from the property between 1984 and 2004 was also compiled into the GIS dataset, which includes digital topographic and orthophoto base maps.
Preliminary analysis of the compiled data has revealed the following:
– alteration is well zoned around high gold zones in drill core and provides a vector to mineralization
– an elevation control to mineralization is implied and suggests that much of the previous drilling was too shallow to effectively test the high-gold portion of the system
– gold and silver are strongly correlated
– clay mineralogy is an important aspect of understanding zoning within the system and, in particular, vertical position
– new unrecognized structural trends are suggested, including flat to low-dipping faults, which may either control or off-set mineralization
– 65% of the property is well covered by existing soil geochemical surveys
– several strong gold and/or multi-element (Au, Ag, As, Bi, Mo, Sb) soil anomalies exist which are untested by any previous trenching or drilling
– several gold and/or silver soil anomalies remain open to the east, in a portion of the property without soil geochemical coverage
Ximen has started the 2014 work program on the Brett property. The program will include geological mapping and select core re-logging, a ground magnetometer/VLF-EM survey, prospecting and soil sampling to follow-up targets generated by the compilation work, to refine the geological model and to prioritize targets for follow-up drill testing later in 2014.
About Ximen Mining Corp.
Ximen Mining Corp. owns 100 percent interest in its two projects, Gold Drop Project and Brett Gold Project located in southern British Columbia. Recently the company has entered into a due diligence agreement with Huldra Silver Inc. for the purposes of determining the feasibility, terms and conditions of a proposal for the acquisition of Huldra Silver. Ximen is a publicly listed company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol XIM, and is listed on the Frankfurt, Munich, and Berlin Stock Exchanges in Germany under the symbol 1XM and WKN number is A1W2EG.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Christopher R. Anderson, President, CEO and Director, Ximen Mining Corp.
For further information, please contact Ward Kondas 604-488-3900 or by email at email@example.com.
This press release includes certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements”. All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address future exploration drilling, exploration activities and events or developments that the Company expects, are forward looking statements. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of financing, and general economic, market or business conditions.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.