Terms of Service
WireNews ™ is a trademark of WireNews Limited. The primary domain name for this WireNews website is wirenews.org. Other domain names pointing at this website include: wirenews.press, wirenews.net, wirenews.co.uk, wirenews.uk and wirenews.co.il.
- “User” means the party that uses the services of WireNews’ news distribution system
- “Agreement” means this Terms Of Service Agreement between the User and WireNews
- “Content” and “User Content” mean all information and materials submitted by User to WireNews
- “Service” or “Services” means the services provided to User by WireNews including, but not limited to, press release distribution, PR notifications, Blog Posts and SEO Services
- “Partner” or “Partners” means any third party that has a joint venture or marketing relationship with WireNews
User Representations & Warranties
User is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the Content submitted by User to WireNews. User represents and warrants to WireNews, as follows:
- That User has the right and is authorized to submit the Content to WireNews for distribution, broadcasting and/or filing;
- That the Content is true and accurate;
- That the User is not impersonating any person or entity or misrepresenting User’s affiliation with any person or entity;
- That the distribution, broadcasting and/or filing of the Content does not violate U.S., European, Regional, State, Federal or common law copyright, trademark, or service mark rights, any other property rights, privacy rights, intellectual property rights, confidentiality rights or other proprietary or contractual rights of any third party;
- That the Content does not contain any information which is libellous or otherwise illegal;
- WireNews shall be entitled to claim the derivative copyright to any Content published by WireNews, whether published on WireNews’ website or any other third-party website or social media account, on behalf of User when the original Content was sourced by WireNews or its Agents for the benefit of User;
- That User will not misuse the Service or misappropriate the Content to compete directly or indirectly with WireNews or to engage in derivative commercial activities without WireNews’ prior written consent (including, but not limited to the placement of Google or other online advertisements within the HTML code of articles or press releases—hidden or otherwise—which for the avoidance of doubt is not permitted under any circumstances); and
- That User has investigated the desirability of utilizing WireNews’ services and is not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than as set forth in these Terms Of Service
WireNews reserves the right to decline to accept for publication and/or to remove from publication any media that, at its sole discretion, it determines to be objectionable and/or in violation with the spirit of the service, including but not limited to:
- Pornographic media;
- Weapons and or ammunition;
- Escort services;
- Any illegal product or service;
- Any media deemed as “adult content”
- Business/Marketing Reports
Repeated attempts by User to publish any of the above will result in account closure/blocking.
Comments – Keep it civil (aka don’t be a jerk)
Users are going to get into the thick of a lot of heated discussions and that’s okay. These discussions often entail topics that we all personally care a lot about and will passionately defend. But in order for discussions to thrive on WireNews, we need to remember to criticise ideas, not people.
In the event any third party brings any action, arbitration, or other legal proceeding (collectively, “legal proceeding”) against WireNews, its partners, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees or other representatives of WireNews, or against any third party who broadcasts, displays or distributes the Content with the permission of WireNews, or against any third party who provides advertising for WireNews, or against any other third party who otherwise uses the Content with WireNews’ permission (collectively hereinafter referred to as “the Indemnities”), or against any Partner, arising from the distribution, broadcast, filing or display of any Content provided by User to WireNews or, from any breach by User of this Agreement, or, based upon the inaccuracy of any warranty or representation made by User herein, or, based upon the contention that the Content defames or slanders any third party or, based upon the contention that the Content violates any provision of European, regional, state or federal law or the intellectual property rights of any third party, User shall indemnify, defend, and hold the Indemnities harmless in connection with the claims made in the legal proceeding. Included in User’s obligation to indemnify, defend, and hold the Indemnities harmless is the obligation to pay all solicitor’s or attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees, costs, and expenses incurred or to be incurred by the Indemnities in connection with the defense of the legal proceeding (even if the legal proceeding is without merit).
User hereby grants WireNews a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, and assignable license to store, display, reproduce, distribute and, if appropriate, translate the Content submitted. User also grants WireNews the right to mention User’s name in WireNews’ marketing collateral, unless User requests in writing that WireNews refrain from such mentions.
Price: (Press Releases/Corporate News/Media)
WireNews charges £19.99 per press release (or article).
Price: (Press Cards/Credentials)
WireNews charges £49.99 per year, for its internationally recognized press card/credential.
WireNews maintains a set of policies governing the allowable usage of its Services. A copy of these policies will be sent to new Users upon request and are available to all Users on their User Login page, which is the first page displayed after logging in to the WireNews website. They include the following:
- WireNews does not offer refunds under any circumstances; Press Card requests are noncancellable and once payment has been made WireNews does not offer any refunds under any circumstances;
- All prices are quoted ex-VAT. VAT will not be added;
- Users may close their account at any time;
- If a Business User closes its account any media that has been published through the account will remain online and live unless and until the User logs into the User account and deletes any articles User wishes to have removed from WireNews — WireNews will not delete any articles unless they are in violation of these terms of service;
The User agrees to adhere to these terms of service, as amended from time to time, as a necessary condition for using WireNews’ Services.
Hours Of Operation
WireNews is open Sunday-Thursday, 9am-8pm GMT; Friday, 9am-4pm and closed all day Saturday. Media posted or edited outside these hours will be processed upon opening the next business day. Note: All edited media must be re-approved after each edit so it is recommended that you keep edits to a minimum to ensure that your media remains live.
EXCEPT AS STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT, WIRENEWS OR PARTNER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND NO PROMISE OR REPRESENTATION HAS BEEN MADE BY WIRENEWS OR USER REGARDING ANY SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH WIRENEWS OR ANY PARTNER WEBSITE.
All press releases published by WireNews are simultaneously distributed to its User Journalists, subject to their individual subscription criterion.
Many thousands of ISP, News Providers, Blogging websites, Social Network websites and numerous other Social Media Outlets crawl, index, compile and otherwise re-publish WireNews’ content. WireNews offers no guarantee of distribution of User’s content, except that User’s content will be published on WireNews’ website and it will be distributed to WireNews’ subscribing journalists and that it will be made available for distribution to any legitimate media network that wishes to re-publish such content subject to their guidelines.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WIRENEWS’ AND ANY PARTNER’S LIABILITY SHALL BE STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY OR ON BEHALF OF THE PARTNER TO WIRENEWS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OUT OF WHICH THE CLAIM BY USER ARISES.
WireNews shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (even if WireNews has been advised of the possibility of such damages and including such damages as might be incurred by third parties), arising from performance under, or failure of performance under, any provision of this Agreement, such as, but not limited to, loss of revenue, change in share price, loss of anticipated profits or lost business.
This limitation of liability applies to any damages, including without limitation those caused by any failure or performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of records, whether for breach of contract, tortuous conduct, acts or omissions, negligence, or under any other claim or cause of action.
At WireNews’s sole discretion, notices by WireNews to Users regarding matters pertaining to this Agreement and/or the performance of this Agreement may be given by means of posting on the WireNews website or by email directly to the User.
Unless otherwise specified, WireNews Limited is operated from the United Kingdom. These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of England & Wales, without regard to its choice of law provisions. You hereby consent to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts in London, England, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service, the use of WireNews or any product or service related thereto. Use of WireNews is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
Effect Of Delivery Of Notices By Electronic Mail
The parties agree that the parties shall treat any document sent to the other by electronic mail as if the document were an original delivered to the recipient by hand delivery.