British Tech Innovation On Show At Technology In Government
A delegation of British technology companies will visit Australia next week for the Technology in Government conference in Canberra
The UK Department for International Trade will showcase 10 British companies and their innovative technologies at the GREAT Britain pavilion at Technology in Government in Canberra on the 7 to 8 August.
This is the third UK technology trade mission to Australia this year and will highlight the UK’s reputation for being at the forefront of the technology industry and opportunities for partnership with Australian organisations.
Each company in the delegation has a strong track record in providing technology solutions to government. On show will be the latest innovations across a range of sub-sectors including: cyber security, internet of things, smart cities, blockchain, machine learning, AI, data analytics, digital transformation, and systems integration. Delegates from each company will be on-hand to meet potential partners and buyers.
The UK tech sector, worth nearly £184 billion to the UK economy, is growing 2.6 times faster than the wider economy. The UK is home to over 223,000 tech companies and London is the second most connected tech ecosystem on the planet.
Michael Ward, British Consul General and Director General, UK Department for International Trade said:
The British technology eco-system is going from strength to strength and we are delighted to be showcasing some of our most innovative UK technology companies in Australia. With both the UK and Australian governments focused on developing innovation economies and smart cities, there are tremendous opportunities for partnership and collaboration.
I’d like to encourage anyone attending the Technology in Government conference to stop by our GREAT Britain stand to meet our UK companies and hear first-hand how they can support your ambitions.
Set to be a highlight of the Technology in Government conference is Westfield Technology Group’s autonomous vehicle (POD) which will be on display at the GREAT Britain stand. Westfield Technology Group is one of the UK’s leading autonomous vehicle providers.
- technology sector is worth nearly £184 billion to the UK economy
- technology sector is growing 2.6 times faster than the wider UK economy
- technology sector is made up of over 223,000 tech companies
- includes London, the second most connected tech ecosystem on the planet
- contributes 13 of Europe’s 34 unicorns, worth 37% or $23 billion in value
- is a global leader in digital tech investment – £3.3 billion in 2016 over 2645 deals (3-fold increase over a 4 year period)
- hosts 3,527 tech meetups
- employs 2.1 million people in its digital tech economy
Source: 2018 UK Tech Nation report.
Companies exhibiting on the GREAT Britain stand include:
- Westfield Technology Group – leaders in autonomous vehicles will be showcasing the Westfield POD – the new incarnation of the Ultra vehicle currently in operation at Heathrow Terminal 5
- APMG International who will be showcasing CDCAT® – a defence grade cyber risk assessment tool, developed by the UK Ministry of Defence’s (MOD) Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
- Chipside Ltd, a leading smart parking company whose digital solution is now used by almost 1 in 2 Local Authorities in the UK
- Informed Solutions, the UK’s leading independent provider of digital transformation, technology, data analytics and systems integration services and recent winner of the Queen’s Award for Innovation
- Control Risks, a specialist risk consultancy committed to helping clients build organisations that are secure, compliant and resilient in an age of ever-changing risk and connectivity
- Telensa Ltd, the supplier of the world’s most deployed smart streetlight control system
- Toukan Labs, a dynamic IT company that works extensively with the UK and Australian governments and private sector, developing sophisticated cross-government solutions, tracking and licensing systems, to simplify complex workflow solutions
- Unilink Software, an award winning UK SME with an unmatched expertise in biometrics and criminal justice applications
- Yotta Laboratories – experts in blockchain, smart contracts, machine learning, deep learning, internet of things (IoT)
- Net Consulting, a leader in cyber security services and solutions, integrating state-of-the-art technology, intelligence and expertise to deliver all-encompassing operational cyber security